Jack-Up Barge is a dynamic organization with more than 20 years of worldwide experience, working for various clients with an excellent portfolio. We offer our clients innovative solutions all year round.
Swift Drilling is a leading owner and operator of an offshore self-elevating drilling rig, providing services to support the Oil & Gas industry. We own and exclusively manage the Swift10 unit. Our customers benefit from our wealth of experience in Drilling, Well Services, Decommissioning and Plug & Abandonment.
At our beautiful new location in Oosterhout, the companies Jack-Up Barge and Swift Drilling B.V. are looking for an enthusiastic Purchaser.
To ensure the efficient execution of the procurement processes, according to the given procedures. Obtaining the right product on the right place, for the most economical price.
Position in the organisation
- Reports directly to the Procurement Manager;
- The Purchaser has close contact with the Rig Managers and the Crew on board.
- Ensure timely delivery of the requested goods and services;
- Negotiate, where needed and possible, all purchases as delegated by the Procurement Manager, to ensure best possible price, service, warranty and quality for the requires product or service;
- Negotiate and expedite the required delivery time;
- Negotiate the company standard payment and commercial conditions;
- Explore the market for the best supplier in relation to the working area in the world where the delivery will take place;
- Placing orders as per requirements and settled pricing under frame agreements or other specific pricing agreements;
- Perform a correct and complete purchase administration to enable smooth administrative follow up for logistics, on board and in the office;
- Expedite delivery times and agreed specification, terms and conditions;
- Contribute to supplier pre-qualifications and evaluations;
- Advise on stock-levels to the Procurement Manager and Logistics;
- Discuss progress and specifications where needed or required with stakeholders in the organisation (technicians, Engineering, Finance, etc.) to ensure a proper purchase;
- Prepare requests for quotations and technical/price evaluation of quotes received;
- Making price evaluation forms on quotes received for a product, service and related pricing for larger purchases (as described in the relevant procedure for work instructions);
- Explore the market (desk research) for new suppliers, better options or technical solutions to improve company standard and pricing;
- Contribute to the right mix of preferred vendors;
- When needed the purchaser will assist in logistic activities in the warehouse, including preparing documents and logistic paperwork.
Additional responsibilities on Health, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrates personal commitment to Jack-Up Barge Operations (JUBO) and Client Safety Management System;
- Ensures that subcontractors are aware and will use the relevant parts of JUBO’s Management System;
- Safety objectives set by JUBO and Client are met and all accidents, near miss incidents and considerable damages are comprehensively investigated with a view to initiating improvements to prevent repetition.
- Fully respects the environment and thinks in terms of sustainability.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong Procurement/Business background (Secondary/Bachelor degree) supported with relevant qualifications, preferable NEVI 1 or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position in the offshore or maritime environment;
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Commercial power to negotiate to achieve optimal results;
- Accuracy: preventing errors; ensures that the activities are executed in an orderly and accurate manner;
- Networking: maintain supplier relationships;
- Team work: together contribute to a joint result, even if not immediate self-interest is present;
- Flexible: adaption of the method and its behaviour to changing circumstances, open to new ideas, improvising is aimed at achieving goals;
- Organisational awareness; to be aware of how the organisation functions, including organisation culture;
- Integrity: maintains integrity, ethical standards (anti bribery and anti-corruption policy) and social values in words and behaviour towards employees, colleagues and external contacts.
A great place to work, fantastic colleagues, a competitive salary, excellent fringe benefits and the opportunity to learn from the expertise that has been built up over the years.
Are you a real team worker, flexible and open to new ideas? Are you the problem solver we are looking for?
Apply now by contacting our HR-Manager:
Hannah Bom via firstname.lastname@example.org